Truffle & Wine Tour in Provence
March 1 – 7, 2022
Truffle & Wine Tour in Provence for a unique and authentic experience
The Truffle & Wine Tour in Provence is all about escaping the winter blues and enjoying the best part of winter. This is your chance to explore fine food, outstanding wines, Provence truffles and cozy winter fires.
This tour is designed for small group travel giving just 7 people the opportunity to discover Provence without the heat nor the crowds of summer.
Provence Spring Tour
Connecting you to nature and authentic Provencal villages
This Provence Spring Tour is designed to connect you to nature and the Provencal lifestyle. Throughout the week you will be immersed into the savoir-faire of local artisans, farm-to-table meals, and cultural and historical anecdotes connecting past Provence to what it is today.
What is unique about this tour?
Enjoy many best experiences on this tour. The Market in Lourmarin, tasting local specialties, winery visits, as well as time to relax are all a part of the journey. Beyond these activities, you will have a special focus on plant & garden life in Provence. The Mediterranean climate, limestone soils, alpine variations, and ochre deposits have all had an influence on what grows in Provence.
Provence Heritage Sites & Lavender Tour
Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Plunge into the beauty of Lavender
Taste the flavors of Provence
This Tour is designed to immerse you into the historical past of Provence taking you to the most captivating sites for both their cultural heritage and stunning architecture. Along the routes, you’ll plunge into the beauty of lavender in bloom, stroll the markets abundant with local produce and artisan craftsmanship, and taste the exquisite flavors of Provençal cuisine.
Discover the Luberon region where hilltop villages and lavender mingle together creating an array of textures and backdrops. The Alpilles region, around Saint-Remy & Les Baux-de-Provence is also part of the itinerary. The contrasts in nature from these two regions offer a unique Provencal experience - everyday is new to the senses.
Sunday, June 18 – Sunday, June 25, 2023
- Tour pick-up location: Sunday 18 at 10:30 am – Avignon TGV train station (or Avignon hotel)
- Tour drop-off location: Sunday 25 around 11 am – Avignon TGV train station
Two charming accommodations for you:
This B&B is within walking distance to the town center of Saint Remy. You’ll enjoy cooling off in the pool, and lounging in your private courtyard with a glass of rosé. The spacious rooms, studio style, allow you to settle in and feel at home.
This B&B is an oasis of tranquility and beauty in the Luberon countryside. It’s the perfect place to stay with the lavender in bloom as it’s in the heart of the lower elevation fields and even has its own private field right next to the swimming pool.
Deposit to secure your spot on the tour:
- $500 USD (non-refundable)
- Should restrictions due to COVID in your home country or in France prohibit the tour from happening your deposit will be applied to the 2024 tour.
Day 1 – Sunday, June 18
- Pick-up at Avignon – TGV train station at 10:30 am (exact time will be coordinated once Emily receives all the arrival times)
- From the train station we’ll drive into the center of Avignon for a historic walking tour. UNESCO sites Pont d’Avignon and Popes Palace.
- A 30-minute drive from Avignon will take us to Saint Remy. Lodging at a charming B&B near the town center for the next 4 nights
- 7:30 pm – Dinner arrangements for the group in Saint Remy
Day 2 – Monday, June 19
- In the morning we’ll drive south to the Camargue region (classified as a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO) to connect with nature and wildlife. The fresh water from the Rhone and the saline waters from the Mediterranean Sea create a mosaic of ecosystems unique to the area. Flamingoes, herons, white Camargue horses & bulls will accompany us along our off-the-beaten-path routes.
- Lunch in the Camargue region to taste the specialties.
- Later afternoon we will plunge back into the Roman world in Arles and also trace the footsteps of Van Gogh who lived here from 1888 to 1889.
- Dinner together in Saint Remy.
Day 3 – Tuesday, June 20
- Today’s exploring will take us back to the Roman era that was built up starting around the 1st century AD. The Roman aqueduct (Pont-du-Gard) will be our playground this morning. After our picnic lunch we’ll make our way to the village Chateauneuf-du-Pape for a tasting of the renowned wine.
- Later afternoon relaxing time back at the B&B (or venture off into the town on your own for some boutique browsing).
- Dinner together in Saint Remy.
Day 4 – Wednesday, June 21
- Today is market day in Saint Remy. You have a free morning to roam the market and its boutiques.
- Picnic lunch together with your market goodies near the ancient Roman settlement next to Saint Remy. Then we’ll tour the asylum (Saint Paul de Mausole) where Van Gogh stayed for a year after his time in Arles.
- Relaxing time back at the B&B.
- Around 5:30 pm we’ll take off for our evening events. First the multimedia art show at the former rock quarry, Carrières de Lumières. Then an evening stroll through the village Les Baux de Provence.
- The evening meal will be at small village bistro near Les Baux de Provence.
Day 5 – Thursday, June 22
- We’ll be changing regions today and lodging (bags packed).
- Our first stop will be in Isle sur la Sorgue, known for its canal-lined streets and antique shops. There’s a small farmers market today that will add some color to our tour, weaving through antique shops and heritage sites. You’ll have some free time to browse the shops and the market.
- Picnic lunch near the Sorgue River.
- Gordes will be our last village tour before making our way to our B&B to settle and relax (beautiful pool and gardens for your enjoyment).
- Dinner together in the nearby village Bonnieux.
Day 6 – Friday, June 23
- Today’s touring will be a remarkable contrast of colors. From violet purple in the lavender fields to the rusty red and musky yellow of the ochre rich lands; you will be dazzled with natural wonder.
- Near Sault (the lavender capital of Provence) we will visit a lavender farm and distillery (also our lunch stop).
- Relaxing time early back at the B&B before our evening outing to the ochre rich lands of Roussillon. Learn why the land is colored red and yellow and all about the industry that flourished up until the 20th century. Dinner in the village Roussillon.
Day 6 – Saturday, June 24
- Learn the tips and tricks of French cuisine during a cooking lesson at a Michelin restaurant in Emily’s hometown. This is a one-of-a-kind cooking experience…cooking with the famous “Cavaillon” melon that you’ll know all about after this week in Provence.
- Later afternoon back at the B&B.
- Farewell evening meal catered at the B&B – a magical evening awaits you!
Day 7 – Sunday, June 25
- After breakfast, you’ll be transferred back to the Avignon TGV train station (around 11 am – please have train departures no earlier than 10:30 am). Other drop-off places can be arranged (supplement may be applied).
Provence Heritage Sites & Lavender Tour
June 18 – 25, 2023
7 nights / 8 days
- $3,950 USD per person based on double occupancy (shared room)
- $750 USD single room supplement
- Deposit: $500 USD to secure your spot (non-refundable)
- Balance due by April 15, 2023.
- No refund of paid balance after April 15, 2023.
- COVID restrictions are the only exception
Provence Lavender Photography Tour
Quiet hilltop villages in the high lavender region of Provence are waiting for you and your lens.
More than a photography tour – this is the true Provencal lifestyle tour. Provence will forever be captured not only in your artistic eye but in your heart as well.
From Medieval architecture, to gourmet food experiences, to rolling lavender fields leading to a hilltop village, you will engage in a sensory experience each day. This is your opportunity to rediscover (discover) your creative talent in one of the most inspiring lands in the world.
Enjoy the high region of Provence combining Mediterranean flavors with a pre-alpine influence while the lavender is in bloom. This backcountry of Provence is a hidden gem offering spectacular views of rolling hills of lavender and authentic villages nestled up high in the sky.
6 night, 7 day tour
Tuesday, July 11th - Monday, July 17th, 2023
Small Group Tour - 10 spots maximum
All inclusive package price
$4,700 USD per person (single room price)
($200 per person discount for shared room)
An Unforgettable restored farm house awaits you in Provence…
6 nights at Le Domaine de la Done near Montbrun-les-Bains
Connect with nature — the venue is nestled in the serene mountains of High Provence. The photography element is a means by which you can immerse yourself into your surroundings. One does not need to be an artist nor a photographer to enjoy this tour. An openness of the mind & eye to see and connect with nature and your surroundings is all you need to benefit from this unique experience in Provence.
The 2021 Lavender Photography Tour was indeed a memorable experience.
Read the review here on the testimonial page...
Tell your story through photography