Honeymoon in Provence
Your Custom Tour
An Example Itinerary
(excluding July & August)
Price based on your custom itinerary
Your Private Provence knows that your honeymoon is a trip you have waited patiently for. You desire to have it unique and flawless. By choosing a guided tour, you can leave the stress home and enjoy nothing but a well-organized, hassle-free, and romantic trip of a lifetime.
We all know too that driving in a foreign land can turn the best trip into the worst trip. Your honeymoon guided tour provides you with transportation from beginning to end to save you from all the wrong turns.
The Honeymoon in Provence Tour is specially designed to give you plenty of time alone but also gives you the comfort and authenticity of being guided by a local expert.
NOTE: This is an example itinerary.
- Afternoon pick-up up in Avignon – TGV train station with arrival on train from Paris (for a full French honeymoon experience I suggest starting in Paris and ending in Nice…Provence in the middle of course)
- Upon arrival guided walking tour of the historic center of Avignon and then drop-off at your Relais & Chateau.
- Gastronomic dinner at the hotel
- A leisurely morning at your chateau hotel. When you are ready, your driver/guide will take you on a tour to two Provencal villages: Nyons and Grignan. The drive between these two villages is lined with lavender fields should your tour take place in June or July.
- Discover artisan made products, cobblestone lanes lined with roses and the biggest Renaissance chateau in Provence.
- Gastronomic lunch at Michelin star restaurant can be arranged.
- Evening to enjoy at your luxury hotel.
- Morning drive to the Luberon region where the hilltop villages stand proudly in the vineyard and lavender valleys. Explore the heritage and beauty with your guide before arriving at your next luxury B&B.
- Settle into your accommodations, enjoy the pool, countryside walks, the sun setting down on one of the most beautiful villages in France; Gordes.
- Romantic dinner on a terraced restaurant looking out over the Luberon valley.
- It’s market day and you have free time to explore at your leisure. Remember to buy your gourmet market food for your alfresco dinner poolside at your luxury B&B…nothing is more enjoyable than nibbling on French specialties and sharing a bottle of local wine as the sun sets over the gardens and pool.
- Before evening arrives, your driver/guide will pick you to take guide you through more of the Luberon villages. A photographer can join us today and to capture a « A day in Provence » for your honeymoon album.
- Alfresco dinner at your luxury B&B
- Relaxing morning at your hotel OR wake-up early for a hot air balloon ride.
- The afternoon excursion could be a guided electric bike ride through medieval villages, vineyards and olive groves.
- Dinner outing at authentic countryside restaurant very popular with the locals.
- Departure from your luxury B&B in the Luberon region for a switch to the vibrant city of Aix.
- On they way south, we’ll first stop for a guided truffle hunt which includes a gourmet tasting and all you want champagne.
- Arrival in Aix early afternoon to meet your local city guide who will reveal the secret stories and hidden charms of Aix. Check-in to your luxury hotel in Aix and free evening to enjoy either lounging by the pool or strolling the charming city streets.
- It’s your last day in Provence and what better way to spend it than by connecting to nature along the Mediterranean shores near the famous Calanques. These unique limestone fingers jetting out into the sea never cease to amaze and your exploring can be arranged by private boat tour, kayak or by hiking.
- Evening free in Aix at your leisure
- Transfer to Aix TGV train station for your next adventure
- Possibility to have private transfer to Nice (with a stop in Saint Tropez) to continue your honeymoon along the Côtes d’Azur.
Activities & Sites Included
Your itinerary will include all the best of places to kiss, see a sunset, dine together, stroll the countryside and just be together. This is your honeymoon so you will also be catered to just a little bit more than the usual guest. Your Private Provence will create unique and memorable moments for you: a surprise picnic for two when you least expect it, roses for her – chocolates for him and spa moments arranged for you to enjoy together.
“The insider tips from someone who has actually done it is huge. The market days, the picnics, the restaurants, the bike ride, the tours…we would’ve missed a lot of these options if we went on our own. It was especially beneficial because we trusted and really liked Emily. She led us well and set us up for a successful and enjoyable trip. Things were set-up, yet we still felt there was a lot of flexibility. We had time on our own but contacted Emily when we had questions. That alone was very helpful. As soon as we left Provence for Paris, we were really on our own and we missed her!”
Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.
- Chauffeur, guide, interpreter (me as your private guide)
- All transportation from pick-up to drop-off
- Nightly accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Entrance Fees to monuments and museums listed on the itinerary
- Tolls and parking fees
Does Not Include
- Airfare and/or train tickets
- Travel insurance (necessary for your protection)
- Extra drinks at restaurants (one glass of wine is included)
- Cost of sightseeing and/or events not mentioned in the itinerary (decisions made spur of the moment at your request)