Your Custom Tour
An Example Itinerary
7 nights (excluding July & August)
Limited to 7 guests
Price based on your custom itinerary
Here you can sample A Week In Provence by viewing one of my itineraries. Discover all the opportunities you will have by touring with Your Private Provence. No itinerary is the same. Every tour is customized and designed according to your preferences.
Your week will be customized to your preferences. While this itinerary entails bike rides and trail walking, it can easily be adapted for those whose physical capacity doesn’t permit such activities or whose interests lie elsewhere.
NOTE: This is an example itinerary.
- Pick-up at either Marseille Provence Airport or Avignon TGV Train Station.
- Transfer to your choice accommodation
- Half-day tour possible before transfer to your lodging depending on arrival time
A Week In Provence means you’ll wake up every day to French pastries, local fresh fruit and French coffee.
- The market in Isle sur la Sorgue (a market that combines local produce, artisan crafts, Provencal linens and also a very famous antique flea market – all in one)
- Fontaine de Vaucluse – scenic walk through the village to the mysterious water source. Local history museum (option), ancient paper mill and a mysterious legend of a “she-snake monster” will enchant you in this unique place. Lunch by the river.
- Gordes will be our stop in the afternoon. Enjoy a guided tour by Emily through the cobblestone lanes and the historical anecdotes that fashioned the village.
- Dinner on your own.
A Week In Provence means you’ll enjoy sights, smells and tastes through multiple regions.
- Scenic drive through the ochre lands (known as the Provencal Colorado) to the heart of Provence’s lavender growing region.
- Historic walk through the village Sault with lunch at bistro looking over the valley.
- Guided visit of aroma plant distillery (each season offers a different aroma)
- A 30-minute drive to a winery producing Côtes du Ventoux wines. Tour includes a 45-minute visit of the winery and a 45 minutes wine and olive oil tasting experience.
- On our way back (this day tour makes a loop) we will stop to stroll through Venasque, rated as “One of the Most Beautiful Villages”.
- Dinner in Roussillon
Luberon perched villages of Lacoste, Menerbes, Oppede-le-Vieux – by e-bike! Join me for an e-bike adventure that you’ll dream of for years to come. Even if you are physically fit you will probably enjoy these electric bikes as the villages are separated by valleys. While on our bike tour, we will visit a winery, castle ruins and have lunch at one of my favorite lunch stops. If you don’t want to venture on the e-bikes, the tour can be done by car.
Catered dinner at your villa if you have opted for a villa rental or dinner outing at a local village restaurant.
We will venture a little farther from the villa and the Luberon area to discover an area that became famous with the works of Vincent Van Gogh.
- St Remy de Provence will charm you with its pedestrian streets encircled by the remnants of its 14th-century wall. Today is also market day so you will have the morning to do any shopping you wish. Lunch on your own with my guided advice on restaurants.
- Les Baux de Provence is just over the Alpilles (mountain range) from St. Remy de Provence. This is another one of France’s most beautiful villages noted for its cobblestone streets and medieval chateau-fortress. We will also visit Carrières de Lumières (ancient quarry used to build the Chateau of Les Baux that is now used to host an extraordinary multimedia show. Images of famous artist (changes each year) are projected on the floors, walls, and ceilings)
- Option of adding a great hike through the Alpilles
- Option of visiting the asylum where Van Gogh stayed for a year
- Option of olive oil mill tour and tasting
- Dinner on your own
- A short scenic drive over the Luberon Mountain Chain to visit the charming village, Lourmarin, rated as “One of the Most Beautiful” villages in France. Historical walking tour and visit of Chateau. Lunch on your own in the village.
- We will continue on to my hometown where we will visit a Provencal Jewish Synagogue (unique in the world) and the beautiful cathedral where I got married.
- A gourmet experience awaits you in my hometown with a visit at the local farmer’s market and then on to Michelin rated restaurant with our produce to prep our evening meal with the chef.
A Week In Provence wouldn’t be complete without visiting a few of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Orange’s Roman Antique Theater and Avignon’s Palace of the Popes. We will also venture into the renowned wine region, Chateauneuf-du-Pape.
- An hour’s drive North will take us to a large theatre of Imperial Rome listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- From here we will venture down into the renowned wine region, Chateauneuf-du-Pape. For those who wish, the vineyards can be discovered by bike (VTC or electric)– a moderate 1,5-hour loop to discover the different terroirs producing this fine wine. Lunch in the village Chateauneuf-du-Pape.
- Last, but not least – Avignon! Here you will stand in awe in front of the biggest Gothic palace in the world and the legendary Pont d’Avignon. After a historical walk through the city, we will celebrate our week together at a lovely restaurant next to the magnificent Popes Palace.
Leisurely breakfast and transfer back to Marseille airport, Avignon train station, or place of your choice within a 45-minute drive.
You may also decide to add on to your week in Provence with a seaside excursion to see the beautiful Calanque region shown at top, the Camargue, Cassis, etc. Let’s plan your trip!
Activities & Sites Included
- Villages rated as “Most Beautiful Villages of France”
- Two markets (Isle sur la Sorgue and Saint Rémy de Provence)
- Scenic, off the beaten path, routes between villages
- Wineries, bike rides, olive oil mills, light hikes,
- Cooking lesson with Michelin rated chef (or local chef at a Provencal home)
- 3 UNESCO World Heritage Sites (Roman Antique Theatre and the Triumphal Arch in Orange and the historical center of Avignon along with Palace of the Popes)
- Aroma Plant distillery tour
- Provencal Jewish Synagogue
- Chateau-fortress of Les Baux de Provence and sound and light show at Carrières de Lumières
- Luberon hilltop villages Gordes & Roussillon
- Isle sur la Sorgue
- Les Baux de Provence
- Saint Remy
- Cotes-du-Rhone wine region
Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.
- Chauffeur, guide, interpreter (me as your private guide)
- All transportation from pick-up to drop-off
- 7 nights accommodation
- All breakfasts
- Most lunches
- Most dinners
- Cooking class with Michelin rated chef
- Entrance Fees to monuments and museums listed on the itinerary (except for options)
- Tolls and parking fees
Does Not Include
- Airfare and/or train tickets
- Lunches and dinners mentioned “on your own”
- Travel insurance (necessary for your protection)
- Extra drinks at restaurants (one glass of wine is included)
- Cost of sightseeing and/or events not mentioned in the itinerary (decisions made spur of the moment at your request)