Provence Truffle Tour 2022
Provence Truffle Tour for your winter escape.
March 1 - 7th, 2022 - see itinerary here
Contact Emily today for your private January or February Provence truffle tour.
A Provence Truffle Tour takes place during the winter months starting in November and going through to March. The Perigord is the black winter truffle produced in southern France.
Do you know how to find a truffle? Of course, you can go to the local truffle markets held weekly but why not experience more than the market! How about finding your own truffle with a truffle grower and his dog? The truffle is a cultural highlight in winter – growing, hunting, buying, cooking, and tasting.
The Truffle Tour pairs nicely with discovering the local olive oil too. In essence, the Truffle Tour is a gourmet experience combining the best of Provence on the table (truffles, olive oil, wine & cheese) – a culinary evasion designed by a local to brighten up those winter days.
And why not extend your Truffle Tour with a few days of skiing in the Alps or some warmer sun along the French Riviera (without the summer crowds)!
- Provencal truffle markets
- Truffle themed menus at restaurants
- Guided tours of truffle growing areas with local experts
- Cooking lesson with truffle grower
- Olive oil – olive oil tasting and mill visits
- Cozy atmospheres with rustic fireplaces to enchant the winter atmosphere
- See the detailed 2020 Provence Truffle Tour itinerary here