Provence Lavender & Cultural Tour
Provence Lavender & Cultural Tour
June 26 – July 2, 2021
2 spots left on this tour!
Price $2,750 per person based on double occupancy / $550 single room supplement
Tour Provence with a perfect mix of
culture and lavender
Enjoy touring through Provence lavender before the crowds of summer swarm in July. This tour offers many cultural elements to dig deeper into the historical elements that founded the land as well as the stunning beauty of lavender.
Your Private Provence keeps groups small (7 max) to ensure relaxed, and personalized tours.
Saturday, June 26
Pick-up will be at 10:30 am at the Avignon TGV train station. From the train station, we’ll drive 30 minutes to Saint Remy de Provence to explore two of Provence’s most intriguing historical elements: the Roman era and the time Van Gogh lived in Provence. After enjoying lunch together in the quaint town of Saint Remy, you can stroll through the town for some boutique shopping and photography.
Transfer to our countryside Boutique B&B near the town L’Isle sur la Sorgue around 3:30 pm with relaxing time until we meet up for a short drive to Isle sur la Sorgue for an evening tour and then dinner together at one of your guide’s favorite restaurants.
Perhaps you have heard about the market in L’Isle sur la Sorgue – famous for its antiques as well as one of the best Provencal markets in the region. You will have the morning to explore the market at your leisure until we meet up for lunch together.
After a little stop back at the B&B to freshen up, we’ll take off for our afternoon discovery. A medieval hilltop village surrounded by lavender awaits your arrival. There is also a special garden visit and an acoustic surprise in the chapel for you.
We’ll finish the day in Roussillon for an evening stroll when the sun sets on the ochre rich lands and facades. Dinner together in Roussillon.
The core of Provence and its culture has always been centered around wine. You will be treated to an exceptional wine tasting experience in Chateauneuf-du-Pape to give you a greater understanding of the history and winemaking process in the South of France.
Next, we head north about 15 minutes to Orange for a light lunch and a tour of the majestic Roman Antique Theatre
We’ll have time once again today to refreshen at the B&B before our evening outing. This evening we’ll stroll up the crystal waters of the Sorgue River in the quaint village of Fontaine-de-Vaucluse.
Dinner together this evening in a nearby village with a lovely outdoor patio.
Lavender and Lavandine are two different varieties of Provence lavender. A lavender tour to Provence would not be complete until both are discovered. We will go to the higher elevation lavender plantations around Sault to learn the essential aspects of the two varieties and the distilling process. Lunch will be picnic style at one of the lavender farms.
Return to the B&B around 5 pm with free time until we meet for our group dinner at a chef’s house – a farm-to-table meal just for us.
Wednesday, June 30
We’ll start our day with one of the most photographed emblems of Provence, the Abbey de Senanque.
From here we’ll visit the stunning hilltop village, Gordes. Discover how this village came back to life starting in the late 50s.
Lunch will be shared together in the village.
After a break back at the B&B, we’ll make a short drive to the local olive oil mill for a tour and tasting followed by an enchanting visit of Provence’s “ghost town”, – Oppede-le-Vieux.
Dinner in Menerbes with a spectacular view of the valley.
Thursday, July 1
The touring today will begin with the extraordinary adventure of finding summer truffles with the owner and his dog. This farm tour will, of course, delight you with a gourmet tasting of truffles and as much champagne as you would like.
We’ll have a few lunch snacks next to a 12th Romanesque chapel and then discover the charming village Lourmarin.
From Lourmarin we’ll cross over the Luberon Mt Chain and discover a lavender growing region in the canyons of the pass before arriving in our last beautiful village stroll in Saignon.
This evening we’ll have a catered dinner for us at the B&B – relaxing and fun times in our very own charming Provencal courtyard – at least for the evening…
Friday, July 2
- 9:30 am departure from hotel (official departure time to be announced after receiving everybody’s next step plans)
- 10:30 am – Arrival in Avignon for your train departure
- Lavender pictures at Saint Paul de Mausole (Van Gogh’s psychiatric stay in Saint Remy), in the Luberon region and at the Abbey de Senanque
- Mediterranean dinner at chef’s house
- Wine tasting in Chateauneuf-du-Pape with local wine expert
- Provence lavender farm tour
- Olive oil mill tour
- Truffle hunt and gourmet tasting with champagne
- Gourmet meals at your guide’s favorite restaurants
- A perfect mix of historical discoveries and natural beauty of the countryside
- 4-star boutique B&B with swimming pool and gardens
- Provencal & antique market in L’Isle sur la Sorgue
Tour Price Includes:
- All transportation from pick-up at Avignon TGV to drop-off at Avignon TGV
- Your personal guide and driver
- 6 nights lodging at boutique B&B in the countryside with pool: La Cour des Sens
- All breakfasts/ all lunches / all dinners
- Wine tasting workshop in Chateauneuf-du-Pape
- Entrance into Orange Antique Theatre
- Entrance into Saint Paul de Mausole (asylum where Van Gogh stayed)
- Entrance to the Abbey de Senanque
- Olive oil mill tour
- Truffle hunt
Tour Price Does NOT Include:
- Transportation from Marseille airport should you arrive by plane
- Transportation to/from France (Avignon)
- Drinks at meals (up to two glasses of wine are included in package price)
To further your experience in Provence
Your Private Provence suggests arriving in France before day 1 of the tour. Why not stay a couple nights in Paris and then take the TGV fast train from Paris to Avignon to arrive by 10:30 am. Or come to Avignon and stay a night or two before pick-up on the group tour. If staying in Avignon before or after the tour, here are two hotels: Le Cloitre Saint Louis or Grand Hotel Avignon – pickup/drop-off can be arranged at these hotels.