Truffle Tours 2018
Winter Truffle Tours – weekend tours (contact Emily today for your private January or February truffle tour)
Truffles are part of the Provencal winter months starting in November and going through to March. The Perigord is the traditional truffle produced in southern France. Do you know how to find a truffle? Of course, you can go to the local truffle markets held weekly but you may also want to explore deeper this mysterious aroma. How about finding your own truffle with a truffle grower and his dog? The truffle is a cultural highlight in winter – growing, hunting, buying, cooking, and tasting.
The Truffle Tour pairs nicely with discovering the local olive oil too. In essence, the Truffle Tour is a gourmet experience combining the best of Provence on the table (truffles, olive oil, wine & cheese) – a culinary evasion designed by a local to brighten up those winter days.
And why not extend your Truffle Tour with a few days of skiing in the Alps!
- Provencal truffle markets
- Truffle themed menus at restaurants
- Guided tours of truffle growing areas with local experts
- Cooking lesson with truffle grower
- Olive oil – olive oil tasting and mill visits
- Cozy atmospheres with rustic fireplaces to enchant the winter atmosphere
- See the detailed 2018 Truffle Tour itinerary here