Christmas in Provence
December 15 – 21, 2017
Small Group Market, Truffle & Wine Tour (8 max) – 6 nights, 7 days
Price & updated itinerary coming soon! Here’s a look at the 2016 tour to see how the adventures unfolds – contact Emily today if you are thinking of a Provencal Christmas for 2017.
A luxury Christmas in Provence combining country and city, wine and truffles, Christmas markets and holidays street traditions – oh, and let’s not forget the spa day and the naturally relaxing atmosphere of Provence.
Let this holiday season be one to destress and reconnect with simple pleasures.
Start your Christmas season with the magic of a Christmas in Provence.
Provence is particularly rich in traditions during the holiday season. Traditions that reflect its history and enlighten the spirit. Your escorted tour with Your Private Provence will guide you through all the festivities and give you the chance to experience Christmas like a local. Together, we will celebrate the Great Super and its 13 desserts, discover the Provencal creche (nativity scene) and explore the many holiday markets for some unique Christmas shopping.
Truffles are also part of the holidays in Provence. The Luberon, being one of the world’s major truffle producers, gives the curious and gourmet traveler a special treat during the winter months: Black Winter Truffle. Our tour will incorporate not only the Christmas atmosphere but also the gourmet culture of truffles and of course wine to accompany it.
Highlight’s on this year’s Christmas in Provence Tour
- Marchés de Noel – Christmas markets, holiday street traditions and parades
- VIP Wine tours with local wine guide
- A morning dedicated to warming up at the Spa (sauna, jacuzzi, 50 minute massage)
- Truffle hunt with gourmet hors d’oeuvres and champagne
- Truffle market
- Cooking lesson with market tour led by the chef
- Mulled wine, roasted chestnuts and crepes at markets and local festivities
- Cultural tours and visits of the Provencal Nativity Scene
- Villages lit up and decorated with holiday lights
- Accommodation and restaurants selected for those cozy winter atmosphere
Places visited on itinerary:
- The countryside around Ventoux, Cotes-du-Rhone wine region
- 3 nights in charming country villa near the Ventoux Region. This elegantly designed B&B used to be a 12 c. priory. Today it hosts well-being retreats and wine tours.
- 3 nights in Aix-en-Provence at 4-star accommodations centrally located for you to easily discover the Christmas festivities, markets, and museums (possibility to choose this 4-star hotel for a supplement – ask Emily for details)
- The above accommodations give you the perfect mix of Provence: a little country charm, a little city elegance…
- 6 nights lodging in luxury accommodations
- All transportation from pick-up to drop-off at Avignon TGV train station
- 6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners (1 dinners will be on your own in Aix). All the food planned on itinerary is considered fine dining with a focus on Provencal products.
- 1 gourmet snack at the Mirande in Avignon
- 1 truffle hunting tour
- 1 cooking lesson
- multiple wine tours with local wine guide
- 1 spa moment including 50 minute massage
- your personal chauffeur and cultural guide the whole time (that’s me, Emily)