A Week In Provence
A Week In Provence
Here you can sample one of my itineraries for A Week in Provence. Discover all the opportunities you will have by touring with Your Private Provence. No itinerary is the same. Every tour is customized and designed according to your preferences. While this itinerary entails bike rides and trail walking it can easily be adapted for those whose physical capacity doesn’t permit such activities.
- Travel in May (lower prices can be found in early Spring and late Fall)
- Group of 6
- 7 nights in luxury villa (early booking for favorite villa is necessary)
- Tour runs from Saturday to Saturday
- PRICE – 2,308€ (aprox. $3,179) per person based on group of 6 travelers
*Priced as a reference only. Prices will vary depending on the number of people in your party, the dates of your tour, your accommodation choice and the exchange rate at the time of your deposit (your deposit locks in your quoted tour price).
- Saturday afternoon pick up at either Marseille International Airport or Avignon TGV Train Station.
- Transfer to villa.
- Evening cocktail and catered dinner at villa plus time to talk about the week’s excursions.
Wake up to French pastries, local fresh fruit and real French roasted coffee. When staying at a villa I cater the breakfasts with local artisan products. The day’s events:
- Market in Isle sur la Sorgue (great market that combines local produce, artisan crafts, Provencal linens and also a very famous antique market – all in one)
- Catered French pick nick lunch near trailhead that will take us to Fontaine-de-Vaucluse.
- Fontaine de Vaucluse – scenic walk, through village that shows traces of many different time periods, to natural water source. Local history museum (option), ancient paper mill and a mystery legend will also enchant you in this unique place.
- Visit of “One of the Most Beautiful Viillages” of France: Gordes. Private Garden cocktail in this village with breathtaking view of valley below.
- Dinner on your own in Bonnieux Village (Village next to the Villa)
Monday’s journey: See, Smell, Taste…
- Scenic drive through the ochre lands (known as the Provencal Colorado) to the heart of Provence’s lavender growing region.
- Historic walk through village with lunch at bistro looking over the valley.
- Guided visit of aroma plant distillery (each season offers a different aroma)
- A 30-minute drive to a winery producing Côtes du Ventoux wines. Tour includes a 45-minute visit of the winery and a 45 minutes wine and olive oil tasting experience.
- On our way back (this day tour makes a loop) we will stop to stroll through Venasque, rated as “One of the Most Beautiful Villages”.
- Dinner in Roussillon – village near the ochre lands
Luberon perched villages: Lacoste, Menerbes, Oppede-le-Vieux – by bike!
Join me for a bike adventure that you’ll dream of for years to come. Even if you are physically fit you will probably enjoy these Sun-e-Bikes (electric bikes) as the villages we will be going to are separated by valleys. While on our bike tour, we will visit a winery, castle ruins and have lunch at one my exquisite surprises. If you don’t want to venture on the bikes, the tour can be done by car.
Catered dinner at the Villa with professional chef – you are in for a treat!
Wednesday’s Artistic Note:
We will venture a little farther from the villa and the Luberon area to discover an area that became famous with the works of Vincent Van Gogh.
- St Remy de Provence will charm you with its pedestrian streets encircled by the remnants of its 14th century wall. Today is also market day so you will have the morning to do any shopping you wish. Lunch on your own with my guided advice on restaurants.
- Les Beaux de Provence is just over the Alpilles (mountain range) from St. Remy de Provence. This is another one of France’s most beautiful villages noted for its cobblestone streets and medieval chateau-fortress. We will also visit Carrières de Lumières (ancient quarry used to build the Chateau of Les Baux that is now used to host an extraordinary multimedia show. Images of Monet, Renoir and other famous artist are projected on the floors, walls and ceilings)
- Option of adding a great hike through the Alpilles (on my list of favorite walks/hikes in Provence)
- Option of visiting Vincent Van Gogh’s asylum
- Option of olive oil mill visit and tour
- Dinner on your own (depending on options chosen on day’s tour we will decide on the best dinner location)
Thursday’s Gourmet Apprenticeship
- A short scenic drive over the Luberon to visit a charming village also rated as “One of the Most Beautiful”. Historical walking tour and visit of Chateau. Lunch on your own in the village.
- We will continue on to my hometown where we will visit a Provencal Jewish Synagogue (unique in the world) and the beautiful cathedral where I got married.
- Gourmet experience awaits you in my hometown with visit of the local farmer’s market and then on to Michelin rated restaurant with our produce to prep our evening meal with the chef.
Friday’s Architectural Wonders:
Orange’s Roman Antique Theater and Avignon’s Palace of the Popes. We will also venture into renowned wine region, Chateau-Neuf-du-Pape.
- An hour’s drive North will take us to a large theatre of Imperial Rome listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- From here we will venture down into the renowned wine region, Chateauneuf-du-Pape. For those who wish, the vineyards can be discovered by bike (VTC or electric)– a moderate 1,5-hour loop to discover the four different terroirs producing this fine wine. Lunch just before bike departure at one of the renowned chateaus.
- Last, but not least – Avignon! Here you will stand in awe in front of the biggest Gothic palace in the world. After some historical walks and visit of the city we will celebrate our week together at a Michelin rated restaurant next to the Palace for dinner
Leisurely breakfast and transfer back to Marseille airport, Avignon train station, or place of your choice within a 45-minute drive. You may also decide to add on my Seaside Excursion – continue your adventures for two more days along the Mediterranean with my escort services.
- Chauffeur, guide, interpreter (me as your private escort)
- All transportation from pick-up to drop-off
- 7 nights accommodation
- 7 breakfast catered to you at the villa
- 4 lunches
- 5 dinners
- Cooking class with Michelin rated chef
- Entrance Fees to monuments and museums listed on itinerary (except for options)
- Tolls and parking fees
What’s not included
- Airfare and/or train tickets
- Lunches and dinners mentioned “on your own”
- Travel insurance (necessary for your protection)
- Extra drinks at restaurants (wine is included but not other drinks)
- Cost of sightseeing and/or events not mentioned in itinerary (decisions made spur of the moment at your request)
Lunch: (4 lunches included in tour price, 2 lunches on your own)
- 1 Catered French pick nick
- 1 Country bistro looking over valley in Ventoux region (Sault)
- 1 Exquisite lunch surprise (superb location and specialty menu)
- 2 Lunches on your own with my guided advice on restaurants
- 1 Lunch at bistro looking over the Chatneuf-du-pape village and vineyards.
Dinner: (5 dinners included in tour price, 2 dinners on your own)
- 2 Catered dinners at the Villa
- 1 evening cocktail in private garden
- 1 Dinner on your own in village next to villa
- 1 Dinner in Roussillon with view of the ochre lands
- 1 Dinner on your own (in location to be decided during day’s tour)
- 1 Dinner that is prepared with Michelin rated chef at his restaurant (cooking class)
- 1 Dinner at Michelin rated restaurant in Avignon
Tour Highlights: (included in tour price)
- 6 villages rated as “One of the Most Beautiful Villages of France”
- Two markets (Isle sur la Sorgue and Saint Rémy de Provence)
- Scenic, off the beaten path, routes between certain villages
- 1 Ventoux winery visit, 1 Luberon winery visit and an educational bike ride through heart of Chateauneuf-du-Pape vineyards.
- Cooking lesson (followed by dinner) with Michelin rated chef
- 3 UNESCO World Heritage Sites (Roman Antique Theatre and the Triumphal Arch in Orange and the historical center of Avignon along with its Palace of the Popes)
- Aroma Plant distillery tour
- Provencal Jewish Synagogue
- Chateau-fortress of Les Baux and Carrières de Lumière