Truffle & Wine Tour in Provence
March 1 – 7, 2022
Truffle & Wine Tour in Provence for a unique and authentic experience
The Truffle & Wine Tour in Provence is all about escaping the winter blues and enjoying the best part of winter. This is your chance to explore fine food, outstanding wines, Provence truffles and cozy winter fires.
This tour is designed for small group travel giving just 7 people the opportunity to discover Provence without the heat nor the crowds of summer.
Provence Spring Tour
Connecting you to nature and authentic Provencal villages
This Provence Spring Tour is designed to connect you to nature and the Provencal lifestyle. Throughout the week you will be immersed into the savoir-faire of local artisans, farm-to-table meals, and cultural and historical anecdotes connecting past Provence to what it is today.
What is unique about this tour?
Enjoy many best experiences on this tour. The Market in Lourmarin, tasting local specialties, winery visits, as well as time to relax are all a part of the journey. Beyond these activities, you will have a special focus on plant & garden life in Provence. The Mediterranean climate, limestone soils, alpine variations, and ochre deposits have all had an influence on what grows in Provence.
Provence Heritage Sites & Lavender Tour
Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Plunge into the beauty of Lavender
Taste the flavors of Provence
1 room left – double occupancy
This Tour is designed to immerse you into the historical past of Provence taking you to the most captivating sites for both their cultural heritage and stunning architecture. Along the routes, you’ll plunge into the beauty of lavender in bloom, stroll the markets abundant with local produce and artisan craftsmanship, and taste the exquisite flavors of Provençal cuisine.
Discover the Luberon region where hilltop villages and lavender mingle together creating an array of textures and backdrops. The Alpilles region, around Saint-Remy & Les Baux-de-Provence is also part of the itinerary. The contrasts in nature from these two regions offer a unique Provencal experience - everyday is new to the senses.
Sunday, June 19 – Sunday, June 26, 2022
- Tour pick-up location: Sunday 19 at 3 pm – Avignon TGV train station
- Tour drop-off location: Sunday 26 around 11 am – Avignon TGV train station
Two charming accommodations for you:
This B&B is within walking distance to the town center of Saint Remy. You’ll enjoy cooling off in the pool, and lounging in courtyard with a glass of rosé. The spacious rooms, studio style, allow you to settle in and feel at home.
This B&B is an oasis of tranquility and beauty in the Luberon countryside. It’s the perfect place to stay with the lavender in bloom as it’s in the heart of the lower elevation fields and even has its own private field right next to the swimming pool.
- 2,950 € (Euros) per person based on double occupancy (shared room).
Deposit to secure your spot on the tour:
- $350 USD (non-refundable)
- Should restrictions due to COVID in your home country or in France prohibit the tour from happening your deposit will be applied to the 2023 tour.
Day 1 – Sunday, June 19
- Pick-up at Avignon – TGV train station at around 3 pm (exact time will be coordinated once Emily receives all the arrival times)
- From the train station we’ll drive into the center of Avignon for a historic walking tour. UNESCO sites Pont d’Avignon and Popes Palace.
- A 30-minute drive from Avignon will take us to Saint Remy. Lodging at a charming B&B near the town center for the next 4 nights
- 7:30 pm – Dinner arrangements for the group in Saint Remy
Day 2 – Monday, June 20
- Today’s exploring will take us back to the Roman era that was built up starting around the 1st century AD. Two masterpieces, the aqueduct (Pont-du-Gard) and the Orange antique theatre will be our playground today. Last, but not least, before returning to Saint Remy, we’ll stop in the village Chateauneuf-du-Pape for a tasting of the renowned wine.
- Picnic lunch on the site Pont du Gard.
- Dinner together in Saint Remy.
Day 3 – Tuesday, June 21
- In the morning we’ll drive south to the Camargue region (classified as a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO) to connect with nature and wildlife. The fresh water from the Rhone and the saline waters from the Mediterranean Sea create a mosaic of ecosystems unique to the area. Flamingoes, herons, white Camargue horses & bulls will accompany us along our off-the-beaten-path routes.
- Lunch in the Camargue region to taste the specialties.
- Later afternoon we will plunge back into the Roman world in Arles and also trace the footsteps of Van Gogh who lived here from 1888 to 1889.
- Dinner together in Saint Remy. Tonight is also the yearly music festival and the town will have live music on the streets.
Day 4 – Wednesday, June 22
- Today is market day in Saint Remy. You have a free morning to roam the market and its boutiques.
- Picnic lunch together with your market goodies near a lake close by Saint Remy. Then we’ll tour the asylum (Saint Paul de Mausole) where Van Gogh stayed for a year after his time in Arles.
- Relaxing time back at the B&B.
- Around 5:30 pm we’ll take off for our evening events. First the multimedia art show at the former rock quarry, Carrières de Lumières. Then an evening stroll through the village Les Baux de Provence.
- The evening meal will be at small village bistro near Les Baux de Provence.
Day 5 – Thursday, June 23
- We’ll be changing regions today and lodging (bags packed).
- Our first stop will be in Isle sur la Sorgue, known for its canal-lined streets and antique shops. There’s a small farmers market today that will add some color to our tour, weaving through antique shops and heritage sites.
- We’ll pick up our picnic lunch at a gourmet sandwich & dessert shop.
- Picnic lunch in the forest nearby.
- Fontaine-de-Vaucluse is a unique village laid out next to the Sorgue River. The source of the water you saw in Isle sur la Sorgue is here at the Fontaine-de-Vaucluse. The legends, both a little scary and funny, will enchant you.
- Gordes will be our last village tour before making our way to our B&B.
- Dinner together in the nearby village Bonnieux.
Day 6 – Friday, June 24
- Today’s touring will be a remarkable contrast of colors. From violet purple in the lavender fields to the rusty red and musky yellow of the ochre rich lands; you will be dazzled with natural wonder.
- Near Sault (the lavender capital of Provence) we will visit a lavender farm and distillery (also our lunch stop).
- Explore the ochre lands near Roussillon and Rustrel.
- Relaxing time early evening back at the B&B before our dinner outing.
Day 6 – Saturday, June 25
- Learn the tips and tricks of French cuisine during a casual cooking lesson followed by lunch.
- Afternoon visit of the beautiful village, Lourmarin and its Renaissance chateau.
- Farewell evening meal catered at the B&B.
Day 7 – Sunday, June 26
- After breakfast, you’ll be transferred back to the Avignon TGV train station (around 10:30 am). Other drop-off places can be arranged (supplement may be applied).
Provence Heritage Sites & Lavender Tour
June 19 – 26, 2022
7 nights / 8 days
- 2,950 € EUROS per person based on double occupancy (shared room)
- Deposit: $350 USD to secure your spot (non-refundable)
- Balance due by April 15, 2022.
- No refund of paid balance after May 15, 2022.
- COVID restrictions are the only exception
Contemplative Photography & Slow Travel
What is contemplative photography?
Go beyond the habitual ways of seeing and looking - beauty is everywhere!
There’s an inner longing in all of us to see beauty. It’s one of the first things we « plan » when free time comes our way: an outing to our local museum, a weekend getaway to mountains or the seaside, a trip to some far off foreign shore to behold something beyond what we already know. There’s a need to connect to our longing for beauty and to behold it in our eyes.
What if we could find beauty every day, in the mundane of our routines, and even in the off-putting circumstances that inevitably creep up? Could we also be challenged to experience beauty in the midst of our pain and brokenness?